This course focuses on effective negotiation techniques to be successful in different situations and with people holding different levels of power. The course evaluates how negotiations impact the organizations and ourselves. Reflect on the different outcomes that can be achieved through negotiation and understand which outcomes are acceptable for the intended objectives. Finally participants reflect on the influencing process and how one can achieve things without having the authority or power.
Each module has been carefully selected based on the intake and skills gaps of the specific audience. After a brief introduction, participants are given 1 to 2 minutes to introduce themselves, practicing their presentation and communication skills (if the intake has included the requested video, this introduction will only be 1 minute).
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: USD 595.00
Regular Price: USD 795.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: USD 495.00
Regular Price: USD 695.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people? Register
yourself with a special pricing and request
the training exclusively
Before We Begin
● Course Dynamics
● Self Evaluation on Basic Negotiation Skills Knowledge – Class Discussion
● Understanding the Methodology
● Think, Feel, See, Hear, Say and Do
● Giving and Taking
● Points of Interest
● Plan B (Key Arguments and Drawbacks)
BATNA and ZOPA
● BATNA – Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement Intro
● Example/Role play: Selling a Car
● ZOPA – Zone of Possible Agreement or “bargaining range” Intro
● Example/Role Play: Overcoming a Negative Bargaining Zone
● Defining Negotiation Success
● Criteria to Evaluate/Measure Success and Effectiveness
● Exercise/Role Play: Hand Shaking
● Maintaining a Continued Positive Relationship
Influence and persuasion
● General Overview
● Positive and Negative Ways to Influence
● Open Discussion: Sun vs Wind Tale
● Video: Perception and Persuasion
● Video: The Science of Persuasion
Introduction to Communication and Presentation skills
● Communication Skills
● Exercise/Role Play: Connecting Strangers
● Presentation Skills
● Exercise/Role Play: Words Clearly Spoken and Silence
● Video TED: How to Sound Smart – View and Discuss
● Wrap Up
● Self Assessment GAP
● Feedback Form
● Closing Remarks
Anybody who is interested in learning Negotiation Skills
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
● Define negotiation and influencing stages and how to do so effectively.
● Understand different aspects of negotiating: persuasion, manipulation, assertiveness, rationalisation, and active listening.
● Understand individuals and organisations (attitude, behaviour and culture). What each party expects, dealing with emotions, and resistance.
● Power play: who is in control and how to change it – tactics and coordination of power. The importance of knowledge.
● Understand communication strategies, effectiveness in communicating, verbal and nonverbal
● Orchestrating a plan: positioning, anticipating problems, managing conflicts, and approaching others for help.
● Understand interpersonal skills: importance of self-awareness, adapting expectations, and resilience.
● Understand results: risk assessment, damage control, keeping good relationships, win-win outcomes.
● Understand how to use BAPNA, ZOPA, negotiation canvas and other tools and strategies.
● Understand how communication and presentation skills empower your negotiation abilities.