Gaining the support of senior Management and effectively communicating the pivotal role of the support center are crucial to any support operation’s success. For these reasons, support center directors must serve as support leaders and strategically align the support center with the organization.
HDI Support Center Director (HDI-SCD) training focuses on the development and execution of strategic plans that will take the organization to the next level. Participants discover how to realize greater return on investment, develop and maintain formal procedures for increased productivity and consistency, and manage customer perceptions.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: USD 595.00
Regular Price: USD 795.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: USD 495.00
Regular Price: USD 695.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people? Register
yourself with a special pricing and request
the training exclusively
Unit 1: Executive Leadership
● The Role of a Leader
● The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
● Manage the Support Center as a business
● Industry Best Practices and Frameworks
Unit 2: Business Planning and Strategy
● Building the Support Center Strategy
● Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats
● Financial Management
● Cost, Value, and Return on Investment
● Service level Management
Unit 3: Support Center Processes
● IT Service Management
● The Service Operations Phase
● The Service Design Phase
● The Service Transition Phase
● Total Quality Management
● Knowledge Management
Unit 4: Tools and Technology
● Support Center Infrastructure
● Support Tools and Communication Channels
● Support Delivery Methods
● Cloud Services
● Service Management Systems
● Vendor Relationships
Unit 5: Metrics and Quality Assurance
● Operational Metrics
● Baselining and Benchmarking
● Performance Reporting
● Continuous Improvement
Unit 6: People Management
● Sourcing Strategies
● Workforce Management
● Team Building
Unit 7: Organizational Development
● Managing Organizational Change
● Global Awareness and Diversity
● Service Ethics
Unit 8: Marketing the Support Center
● Promoting the Value of the Support Center
● Components of a Successful Marketing Program
Unit 9: Creating a Business Case
● The Purpose of a Business Case
● The Anatomy of a Business Case
● Presenting the Business Case
● Seasoned technical service and support leaders who are responsible for their organizations’ overall service delivery and provide strategic direction, financial accountability, and performance reporting.
● Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Support Center Director certification exam.
● Assessment strategies for support center maturity.
● How to quantify your support center’s value and maximize return on investment.
● Twelve-step Process and decision matrix for selecting technologies and vendors.
● The Requirements of an effective service catalog.
● How to align support strategies with business Goals and Objectives.
● Knowledge Management Processes that can save you time and money.
● Strategies for workforce Management, coaching, team building, and succession planning.
● How to justify a service improvement project with a business case.
● Valuable reporting tools: balanced scorecard, morning report, and executive brief.
● Selecting the right leading and lagging indicators.