The mission of every organization is affected by today’s global economy and the digital era. Organizations are critically dependent on information technology (IT) to better support their business goals. Risk management plays a critical role in protecting an organization’s information assets, and its mission therein, from IT-related risk. An effective risk management process is an important component of a successful IT security program. The principal goal of an organization’s risk management process should be to protect the organization and its ability to perform their mission, not just its IT assets. Therefore, the risk management process should not be treated primarily as a technical function carried out by the IT experts who operate and manage the IT system, but as an essential management function of the organization.
Risk is the net negative impact of the exercise of a vulnerability, considering both the probability and the impact of occurrence. Risk management is the process of identifying risk, assessing risk, and taking steps to reduce risk to an acceptable level. This course provides an overview into the specific criteria, steps and actions necessary to implement and sustain a comprehensive Information Risk Management program.
Duration Learning Credits
1 day-8 hours of 8 PDU’s
Public Classroom Pricing:
Early Bird Price: USD 595.00
Regular Price: USD 795.00
Instructor-Led Virtual Live Pricing:
Early Bird Price: USD 495.00
Regular Price: USD 695.00
Private Group/ In-House Learning:
Have a group of 5 or more people? Register
yourself with a special pricing and request
the training exclusively
Module 1: Risk Management Definitions And Principles
Module 2: Risk Management Policies And Requirements
Module 3: Defining Risk Management Goals And Objectives
Module 4: Nist Assessment Process – A Best Practice
Module 5: Course Learning Summary
This could include; Team leaders, supervisors, managers, HR professionals and anyone else involved in the management of people or organisations.
● After completing this course, you will be able to:
● Address various risk methodologies and assess application to individual enterprise environments.
● Explain and utilize risk assessment and analysis methodologies.
● Identify significant components of risk and their respective definitions.
● Define risk management goals and objectives.
● Document risk practices and risk types.
● Recognize the ISO principles of risk management.
● Understand the COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5 elements related to IT risk identification and management.
● Apply the nine (9) steps of the NIST IT risk assessment methodology to an enterprise-wide risk assessment project.
● Prepare and evaluate a Statement of Risk Management.
● Describe the role and value of IT risk management as a basis of proactive corporate governance.